Symptoms of being over 30! Monday, 23/04/2007 by nik
I don't know about being over thirty, I think I was like this when I was twenty! Apologies to non-UK readers if you don't get all the references.
1. You leave clubs before the end to 'beat the rush'. (worst still you don't go to the clubs)
2. You get more excited about having a roast on a Sunday than going clubbing the night before.
3. You stop dreaming of becoming a professional footballer / basketball player and start dreaming of having a son who might instead.
4. Before throwing the local paper away, you look through the property section.
5. All of a sudden, middle aged people are not 46, they are only 46.
6. Before going out anywhere, you ask whether there is anywhere to park.
7. Rather than throw a knackered pair of trainers out, you keep them because they'll be alright for the DIY or in the garden.
8. You buy T-shirts without anything written on them.
9. Instead of laughing at the innovations catalogue that falls out of the newspaper,you suddenly see both the benefit and money saving properties of most of the things that are in it.
10. You start to worry about your parents' health.
11. You have more disposable income, but everything you want or need to buy cost between 200 and 500 quid.
12. You don't get funny looks when you buy a Disneyvideo or a Wallace And Gromit bubble bath,as the sales assistant assumes they are for your children.
13. Pop music all starts to sound the same.
14. You opt for Pizza Express over Pizza Hut because they do a really nice half-bottle of house red.
15. You always have enough milk in.
16. To compensate for the fact that you have little desire to go clubbing, you instead frequent trendy bars and restaurants in the mistaken belief that you have not turned into your parents.
17. While flicking through the TV channels, you happen upon C4's Time Team with Tony Robinson. You get drawn in. Grand Designs also appeals.
18. The benefits of a pension scheme become clear.
19. You go out of your way to pick up a colour chart from B&Q.
20. You wish you had a shed or greenhouse.
21. You have a shed or greenhouse.
22. You actually find yourself saying 'They don't make 'em like that anymore' and 'I remember when there were only 4 TV channels' and 'Not in my day....'
23. Radio 2 play more songs you know than Radio 1 - and Jeremy Vine has some really interesting guests on.
24. Instead of tutting at old people who take ages to get off the bus, You tut at rowdy school children.
25. When sitting outside a pub you admire their hanging baskets.
26. You find yourself saying 'is it cold in here or is it just me
27. You understand the above and forward it to your fellow aging friends.
[symptoms of being over thirty | source: unknown]
related items [tags: humour joke age humour]
back to main index | more
articles in this category | add
to/query this article?
this link to subscribe ONLY to this category, otherwise use the other
More about the humour category
This is our lighthearted section, with tidbits of fun, humour and jokes, guaranteed (probably) to make you smile. Don't forget to also visit our dedicated humour site at 1 minute moment and our collection of humour and joke books.
More about the author
nik is webmaster and site administrator